New Pouch for My Super Swede

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
This was another go at layered/laminated construction, this time a new home for my Normark/Eka Super Swede;

In bridle leather:
P2080052copy1.jpg

It was a mistake to do the stamping on the lid but, once you start............:rolleyes:

I struggled with the stitch holes, using a scratch awl and brute force at the finish. Not the neatest job, but I doubt it'll ever come apart:eek:

P2080054copy6.jpg

P2080057copy7.jpg

very snug fit, due to the intermediate layers being cut to fit the knife, a bit like hiding a gun in a book;)
P2080056copy8.jpg

As I say; not the neatest, but I certainly learned a lot while making it; for example: don't waste top quality bridle leather on experiments!;)

Anyway, thanks very much for looking and why not have a go yourself?:)

all the best

Steve

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Looks good to me, a neat little pouch............but stitching through 7 layers of bridle leather is not something I would tempt..:D

Ah never again! to be honest it was a stupid idea, I should have split the thing down into components, with a couple of layers at a time, mark out and do the holes on the component parts-if that makes sense?

The bridle leather is amazing stuff, it was strange, but in places the awl went through fairly easily, though the vast majority were.......lets just use the word; "difficult":eek:

I could have done with taking a lot more time to figure out how I was going to tackle the job or even better; do some research.

It works as an item and I did learn from the mistakes, so not altogether too bad.;)

cheers

Steve

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
hi mate, i find when doing pouches like this, you are better to go the box stitching route.
how ill it be attached to your belt bud?
also if you choose this rout you are better, to do the layers a bit a time, hope that makes sense bud.
take care.
lee.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
fantastic little pouch. i was thinking of pouch designs last night and wondered if welts were an option. you have proved it. think ill definitly be exploring this in future but by doing it in stages or with a dremel :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE