Planning New Permission!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SiWhite

Nomad
Apr 1, 2007
Deepest North Hampshire
We have a couple of lovely mixed woods very close to our house which are owned by a local golf course. I’ve walked our dog through one of them almost every day for the last four years, and have stopped for a cheeky flask of tea on a number of occasions. I’ve even foraged a few bits close to the public footpaths that run through the woods.

I was walking past the greenkeepers sheds today and said Good Morning to a group of chaps who were standing about. We struck up a conversation and it turned out that one of the guys was the head groundsman. We got onto the weather and the prevalence of sloes in the hedgerows, and I mentioned that I was keen on wild food and foraging. Quite out of the blue I was offered permission to use about six or seven different blocks that the golf course own, and all within a 15 minute walk from home. The only condition is that I try not to disturb the golfers - which should be easy enough. I deliberately didn’t raise the possibility of any hunting, rigging a tarp or having a small fire yet - I’ll prove I am responsible and trustworthy first.

I’m itching to get out and have a bimble about - what an unexpectedly great day!

Reactions: Nomad64

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE