New Old Axe...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi...

The last 30 minutes I have been in a grinding frenzy... :shock: :wink:
I was re-grinding my axe which was very blunt! With a coarse wetstone, I grinded it to razorsharp and it chops like never before now! :D :biggthump
I'm very happy, as sharpening and grinding never has been the biggest interest... :roll: When my mom is done with the digital I will take a picture... :wink: :D

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Why do I have visions of some viking berserker waving a bearded battle axe and yelling :shock: .One of my favourite axe stories is of a famous viking shipwright. He designed a ship for his king. Nearing completion, the king discovered somebody had taken an axe and hacked deep cuts down the length. Enraged, he soon found his own shipwright had done the deed. In defense our shipwright told the carpenters to reprofile the ship along the cuts. They did, and the ship was even more beautifull. Turns out some idiot modified his plans.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Some pictures of my axe. It's carbon steel, has a little rust on it but the quality is rather good! Don't know what company it is. :wink:
DSC00180.jpg

Close up of the head. It says 800 on it I think. And then there is a word under 800 i can't recognize... :?: Something with 'press' or 'fobes' or anything. It's definately on 5 letters. :roll: :wink:

DSC00181.jpg

Cheers

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I think the number on the side refers to the weight of the head (in grams)
I have an almost identical one made by SANDVIK which was originally painted orange

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
If the number is the weight, then it must be 600... It doesn't weigh 800, but something about 600. :wink:

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
bushwacker bob said:
Mine say 600 and thats about what it weighs.
Heck Andy,we have a common piece of kit that we agree on :yikes:
Yeah! :wink: Though I prefer the leuku for most tasks. :eek:):

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE