New Morakniv Morkret Knife unveiled this week in a variety of steels. Nice to see them using Elmax. Not really my style but good to see something different.
Dan
Dan

Maybe, but to me it looks more like a HD trekking knife (the one knife solution).It’s a very tactical looking knife for Mora.
I have a feeling that showing a woman how to properly break a knife did not go down all that well.Just cack-handed individuals trying to be 'macho' and show a woman how 'it was done'![]()
I have a feeling that showing a woman how to properly break a knife did not go down all that well.![]()
You’d need to go for the carbon steel version. Elmax would probably be your worst nightmare. But it is the best steel. Retains an edge and doesn't require much looking after. I wouldn’t say it’s hard to sharpen, but it requires more work than a high carbon tool steel. It’s a pay off. I’d rather put the work into sharpening than looking after high carbon steel constantly. Uncle Ray still uses 01. And I get it has personality and leaves memories on the blade. But it’s a pet project when using it in the UK in most seasons. Modern stainless steels are beyond superb now and there’s a plethora out there for every persons taste.i like them. i don/t know much about different steels so can anyone tell me what are the advantages and disadvantages of each. which is strongest and which is the easyiest to sharpen. i have a stainless steel mora and its an effort to keep super sharp, so much so that i dont always bother. thanks. DD xxx
Someone on ootoob has suggested that the elmax was an excellent slicing steel, but not well suited to chopping.
Never used elmax myself but would probably choose the 14c28n unless I could be educated otherwise....
....but I do like o1 because I am a troglodyte.....
Thankyou, that'll keep me busy for a while!![]()
Knife Steels Rated by a Metallurgist - Toughness, Edge Retention, and Corrosion Resistance - Knife Steel Nerds
Steel Metallurgist Larrin Thomas uses tests of knife steels to rate the steels and explains the factors that control performance.knifesteelnerds.com
which one is 14c28n? is that the carbon steeel one ? xxSomeone on ootoob has suggested that the elmax was an excellent slicing steel, but not well suited to chopping.
Never used elmax myself but would probably choose the 14c28n unless I could be educated otherwise....
....but I do like o1 because I am a troglodyte.....