New mini Hobo stove........

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
I went shopping with the Misses yesterday and spotted some nice looking stainless utensil pots in Wilko's and thought "Hobo stove".

Any way after sneaking one into the basket;) (they were only £2.25p) I had a play today and this is what I came up with...........

Hobo2.jpg

I had to use a dremal to cut the hole in the side (just joined the holes), but it works really well and with the wide lip at the top the kettle or a 12cm billy sits on to with no bother:)

We soon had boiling water...

Hobo3.jpg

and this is it without the kettle....

Hobo1.jpg

Interestingly I discovered that it will fit inside a 12cm Zebra billy (the lid doesn't close fully but close enough) and it weighs in at a shade over 100g.

Cheers

Richard

P.S. the 1Litre Kettle was only £2.50 from Tesco's - end of line;)

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Nice neat job.
Thanks for sharing

Cut mine today (ikea jobby) was a pain by hacksaw.
Will take it to work tomorrow and clean it up with a file.
with luck it will look half as tidy as yours does. lol

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
nice work rich, i love the home made stoves wood and alcohol stoves, it just makes semce to me...

where is the first outing for it then Rich, and do we get pic's????

regards.

chris.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Looks well Rich, not very hobo though lol. We took our winalot hobo with us today for a mooch in some woods at stonyhurst in clitheroe. Handful of twigs an we were brewed up using the jetboil mug in no time.

What was you burning ? I find a decent size feeder hole near the top helps the boil roll for the boil in bags.

Fingers crossed might have some pennies saved for some work commissioning from you shortly :)

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Looks well Rich, not very hobo though lol. We took our winalot hobo with us today for a mooch in some woods at stonyhurst in clitheroe. Handful of twigs an we were brewed up using the jetboil mug in no time.

What was you burning ? I find a decent size feeder hole near the top helps the boil roll for the boil in bags.

Fingers crossed might have some pennies saved for some work commissioning from you shortly :)

I fueled it with a few twigs and my favorite pine cones, I usually have a bag full of cones for my Kelly kettle and my kids keep me stocked up....

Cheers

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE