New Member.. With new knife..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

racquette

Oct 27, 2003
Madrid,New York
Hello Everyone

I am a new member to the forum. Looks like a great place!

I see I have a bunch to read to get up to speed.I recognize some names,that is comforting.

I make handforged knives in my charcoal forge. I have alot of common interests with you. I would like to hear you opininons of my work. Thanks for any input. I will post some pics to see what you all think.

This knife is the Backcountry...4 1/2" blade,1/8" 1095..desert Ironwood scales...Scandi grind...grind gets higher near the tip...not much,but it aids in slicing.

2504.jpg

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Welcome Racquette!

Good to see you over here.
Nice looking knife, now, if you'll just send it along for a few months evaluation... :You_Rock_

Dave

chris chris

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 25, 2004
keswick
Hi Racquette

That looks a very good knife, how would I get hold of one and would love to see some more of your work.

Chris :wave:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Hi Racquette, Welcome!

Very nice looking knife you have there, can't fault it from the picture! I like the thin handle (or comparitavely [sp!] thin).

:biggthump

racquette

Oct 27, 2003
Madrid,New York
Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys,good to be here. Glad you like the knife, I appreciate the compliments. I will post more pics after I have been around a little longer,I have a lot of reading to do.

Chris, you can PM if you like and I will point you to my website and or e-mail address. I don't want to post them here,I am not sure of the rules on that.

Boaty,I surely will post some pics of my Nessmuk style knife,thanks for the request.

Dale

trakker409

Aug 5, 2004
Alabama, USA
Racquette makes real working knives. Not just for looks. I've been using one of his blades for nearly a year now and am extremely pleased. Don't be hesitant if you're interested in one. BTW I'll be testing the one posted here. I ordered it a couple of months ago and received it today. Looking forward to using it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE