New member and new to Bushcraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi,

My names Paul and I'm 29 years old.

Last year i decided I wanted to go camping and went to Loch Rannoch and have caught the bug. I enjoy watching the 'Bear Grylls type' programmes where they show you how to survive or show others surviving, my favourite of which was 'Alone' on Discovery. I've been watching youtube videos recently from a guy who has a Bushcraft type channel (i can tell you the channel but not sure if that's classed as breaking the forum rules) and it looks amazing and I just happened to come across this forum while looking for somewhere to wild camp and fish and thought I would join and hopefully learn a lot and maybe even pick up some new skills.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hello and welcome. :)

In your quest to learn useful stuff, quit watching Mr Grylls, :rolleyes: he shows many things on his TV programs, but how to survive is generally not one of them :lmao:. Check out the Karamat channel on Youtube for some real knowledge. Have fun.

Hello and welcome. :)

In your quest to learn useful stuff, quit watching Mr Grylls, :rolleyes: he shows many things on his TV programs, but how to survive is generally not one of them :lmao:. Check out the Karamat channel on Youtube for some real knowledge. Have fun.

Yeah i know, the bear grylls isnt the best for knowledge but usually fun to watch. I like alone though, seems more real rather than thinking 'they're just going and staying in a hotel at night, it's all fake'

Thanks i'll have a look at that :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE