New knives from Hultafors, Mora and cold steel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
So with all the fanfare the Garberg brought with it these seem to have slipped out almost unnoticed

Hultafors OK4

View attachment 42540

Picked one up last week, in the process of stripping the naff black coating so it'll patina up nicely, its a beefed up version of their carbon craftman line with a 3mm thick blade, longer tang and an additional belt loop system that can also hold a firesteel, its more expensive but still only about £15

Mora on the other hand have worked on their cheap range too, seems the Mora 511 basic will be coming in Black, Mill Green and Orange, I will be picking a couple of these up as they are great beater knives, I'm hoping the addition will encourage them to release the Robust in Black/Green too

View attachment 42541

lastly Coldsteel are jumping in with a stainless scandi with a similar style - don't know much about this one , handle seems bigger than the pair above but it looks like it can cut and aside from the usual CS marketing the Finn range have always been reasonable for the price

View attachment 42542

Last edited:

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Those Hultafors are great - I've just got the OK1, similar to yours but without the soft grip handle. Definitely worth the extra few pounds, for the better quality finish on the blade. The blades on the tradesman's ranges, particularly the spines, need a bit of work.
As for the black finish, it's staying on mine until the knife needs a proper sharpen, which may not be long, depending on how I abuse it.

bigboned

Forager
Feb 17, 2016
Ireland
Said I'd have a look on eBay, found the hultafors OK4 -£208! Be careful ppl!!
1fa4040363d4ef36a8a75492cd7167eb.png

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I think that's for a pack of 10? They seem to be going for 20-25 euros each on line

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Thank for that Corso.

I am fond of the standard HK, it's quite a bruiser but still cuts very well. - Sorry, that should be GK, not HK!

Dave

Last edited:

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
I got the Hultafors OK1 a while ago, In fact I got 2 - 1 for me and 1 for the boy's christmas stocking. I already had the GK. To me the OK series is an evolution of the GK, with the OK1 being the first stage (blade coating and spine grind) and the OK4 being the second evolution - new handle. I like the new belt loop as well - if only you could buy them on their own id have one for my GK. I use a little piece of bike inner tube as an extra retention band over the handle - basically just open the plastic belt loop and secure the inner tube where the button fits. The OK1 has become my primary go to blade for general camp tasks. I carry a Bahco Laplander saw, and an axe (Hultafors Classic Hunter) for wood prep.

I just got the Mora Eldris as a Black Friday Bargain, and have made a nice neck loop to go with. It's stupidly sharp, I could cut the paracord clean just via vertical pressure - no slicing. Throws sparks off my ferro rods like nothing else I have.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE