New Hultafors Bushcraft knife OK4

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
Anyone seen this knife in the flesh?

http://snickersuk.com/knives/702-outdoor-knife-ok4.html

outdoor-knife-ok4.jpg

Looks like Hultafors have upgraded the GK knife with a new handle, ground/sharpened spine for striking a ferro rod and a blackened finish on the blade.

At £18 it's not too much more than a Mora HD Companion and you get a loop for a ferro rod included in the additional belt loop. I'm guessing you could use this loop with the other knifes in the range (such as the Craftsman HVK) as well.

Only just got the GK (yesterday for Fathers day from my son) and I want one of these already. Also fancy the 2 knife combo with the HVK and another GK.

Jan 5, 2016
Norge
This could be a very good bushcraft-knife. I wear the HVK/GK-combo on my workpants every day and they are cracking good. The only drawback, to "civilian" use, is the sheath that is set up for use on workpants with button and strap. This should solve that problem. Will order this immediately :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Fallkniven do the same. VG10 is jap steel. Lots of their knives are made in Japan though.

really?

their others cheap ones were made in china?

I
looks nice though but U have plenty of mora knives, now if they made a 5 or 6 inch blade version I'd be all over that

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I've found the cheap, basic Hultafors knives keep their edges better than general Moras like the clipper etc, and are less prone to edge rolling.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Mora make one, Mora Classic ( classic wooden handle), with a 6 inch blade, and then Mora Fishing ( easily washable hard plastic handle) that has a 6.5 inch blade, but the shape of that one is more Bowie like. The Fishing is made with a Carbon or Ss blade, not sure about the Classic

looks nice though but U have plenty of mora knives, now if they made a 5 or 6 inch blade version I'd be all over that

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Mora make one, Mora Classic ( classic wooden handle), with a 6 inch blade, and then Mora Fishing ( easily washable hard plastic handle) that has a 6.5 inch blade, but the shape of that one is more Bowie like. The Fishing is made with a Carbon or Ss blade, not sure about the Classic

I own a 748 mg, I'd just prefer this handle design

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
That handle style looks very comfortable. Maybe Mora could mate a 6 inch blade with that handle?
You should email them.
Maybe more guys here would like that combination!

The Mora Fishing is my sons favourite fish prep knife. It looks incredibly clumsy, but somehow it works incredibly well.
But I find the hard plastic handle not so hand friendly.

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
the 748 has a 5.75" blade which is close enoygh I just dont rate the handle as much as the hultafors

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE