New knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
Just handled this. It's ipe scales and bullet wood pins.The blade is from Les Voohies in the states. I couldn't wait until the sheath was done to show it off:

lv1pi8.jpg

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
wow, that's gorgeous!! There's something VERY appealing about that handle, dunno if it's the shape/material/finish or what, but it's very nice indeed!

Well done mate!

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
beowolf762 said:
That's a beauty, did you make the pins or did you find a source for hardwood dowels?

All the wood for this were offcuts from a bow I'm making. The pins were carved from a plank. Damn hard work. But it is a very tactile wood when it is polished. This is my burnsher. There's no finish on it except a wipe with 3-in-1. It's got a lovely feel to it.

burnishermt0.jpg

I got the bullet wood half price off the rubbish pile of the woodyard. The reeding machine had picked up the grain in a few places so they were going to bin it. The worst part is that is was all bound for decking. A real waste of nice wood.

100% user. I have 5 more of these blades on the way in the next couple of weeks they might end up on ebay. I might keep one with the reverse 'colour scheme'

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE