New Knife wanted.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mick w.

Nomad
Aug 20, 2011
west yorkshire, uk
Hi folks, my wife recently bought me an EKA Masur 88 knife, a folder. Whilst it's very nice, I have noticed that already the blade edge has a few dings in it; it is very thin but is advertised as being a 'rugged' knife and whilst I don't want rid of it for sentimental reasons, it isn't really up to the job I want it for which is basically smoothing the annoying bits that catch in my hand or gloves (long story!)
So, does anyone know of either a nice, wooden handled folder that IS rugged and up to a bit of hard work, or a sheath knife with a short (3 inch or less) blade that would also do a tough job.
Scandinavian, for choice...
Cheers,
Mick.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I could make you something if you wanted mate. The PNK2 that i make sounds like it would do what you require.:)

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I notice you say Scandinavian but do you mean a real scandi style or pseudo scandi style like a fulltang bushcrafter.

Last edited:

Mick w.

Nomad
Aug 20, 2011
west yorkshire, uk
Sorry it's been a while since I got on here! Some good suggestions there, I like the look of the TBS folder - it wasn't available a few weeks ago, when I got my EKA (with it's too-flimsy blade!)
HillBill, how much do you charge for your knives?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE