New knife toss up.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
O.k everyone I have narrowed my choice of a new knife down to these two choices. I have tried them both in the flesh (the swc was a m8's). And trying to decide between these two:

http://swc-handmade-knives.com/KNIFE-KITS

(the 65 pound job!)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Karesuando-Boar-Bushcraft-Hunting-Knife-w-4-blade_W0QQitemZ260261319691QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Knives_Tools?hash=item260261319691&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

(or this ?!)

Also where is the best place to buy Japenese waterstones?? found one for 25 quid delivered which seems pretty good but if anyone knows cheaper let me know!!

Cheers
Wilderbeast WIll

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
(or this ?!)

Also where is the best place to buy Japenese waterstones?? found one for 25 quid delivered which seems pretty good but if anyone knows cheaper let me know!!

Cheers
Wilderbeast WIll
I have two from Axminster tools,and much as I like having them, I find I don't use them as much as I did when I first had a knife worth sharpening (a Mora) Ok I didn't do a very good Job to start with but am quietly confident that I can put a sharp enough edge on to any scandy knife I find that once the knife is sharp, stropping is all I need. So I'd say get a medium and fine combination stone, and a strop and you'll spend less time sharpening the knife and more tine using it.

SkogKniv

Dec 7, 2008
Way upstate NY
I bought my entire Japanese water stone kit from www.traditionalwoodworker.com the 3 stone set was $89.95 shipping included.

I would go with your first choice on the knife. I like that do it yourself kit and almost bought one but his wait is late February on getting one. I went another route and should have my woodlore clone in a couple weeks.

If you go to my youtube page in my signature you can see a short video I had done when I got my stones in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE