BCB Survival Tin

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trojan

Silver Trader
Mar 20, 2009
The Countryside
I saw this on bad bay and wondered if anyone knows cheaper?

I was thinking of buying it and adding my own stuff to!

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BCB-Survival-TIN-Escape-Evasion-BUSHCRAFT-combat-dpm_W0QQitemZ370183646215QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_Militaria_LE?hash=item370183646215&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
biggest waste of money in the world mate seriously!! get an empty tin, add a firesteel and some cotton wool, a fish hook and line, some snare wire and some chlorine tablets and you'll have 1000 times better!! I got one as an experiment and it's full of this awful substandard kit.......my firesteel broke first time!! You'd be far better off putting a "possibles pouch together" with some decent stuff........it turns out to be not that exspensive and you actually learn how to use all the stuff you put in!!

cheers
wilderbeast

rg598

Native
I second the possibles pouch idea. It will make much better use of your resources. I used to carry a survival tin in my pocket, until I realized that in my other pocket I carried the same stuff, to use during the day. If you have a firesteel on your body to light your fires, you don’t need a second one in an emergency kit on another part of your body.

The other thing that people do, which I find interesting is that they keep the survival kit in their backpack. That way if they do lose the pack, the kit does along with it. On the other hand, I am a firm believer that if you are carrying a whole pack full of gear, you should be set for any survival situation without a separate survival kit. If you are not, then you don’t have enough gear. :)

11b inf

Jan 8, 2008
phx. az
hi Trojan ,i guess i'm one of the few that still carries the survival tin ...i like the concept of having my last ditch survival items in the tin on my body..it works for me vince g. but i do put my own better quality items in the tin and throw out the stuff i do'nt need..on this side of the pond its hard to get empty tobbaco tins to make your own kit so you have to buy a full kit and modify it..also lots of folks opt for the altoids tins which i find to darn small...by the way i also carry a pouch with larger items in it..good luck and have fun...vince g. 11b inf...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE