new issue black day pack, are they any good

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

screwdriver

Forager
Nov 28, 2010
calne
i currantly own a berghaus roam 30 which is fine for summer use, but for winter carrying waterproofs etc a bit small.
my cyclops roc is too big but ive seen a black uk issue daypack in my local surplus brand new for 12.99, they come with permanent side pouches but are they any good and any ideas who makes them

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
photos and a name would be usefull here cos if we cant see it or have a name it will most likely be stabbs in the dark guess' at what you are talking about

and sorry i cant be any more help maybe some one with a better military understanding will be able to help u

drew

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
http://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/s.../new-genuine-mod-army-issue-black-483346.html

If you mean this one, the internal bottom of the main compartment has a tendency to part close to the seams, that is my only criticism, Mine keeps a spare kit for use by others if they decide to stay out.

Main compartment:
Softie 9 Doss Bag
DD Hammock
DD 3 x 3 Tarp
German Folding Kip Mat
Spare softie jacket.

Side pouches will hold a Issue waterbottle and mug and the otherside a Jetboil and some rations.

The bag is ok for a BOB/GOOD but not one I would recommend.

HTH

Last edited:

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
If it's the same one I'm thinking of,
About 25l, zipped mesh panel on the front, two side pockets, covered name panel above the haul loop, zipped access to a bottom compartment?
No. it's lowest bidder junk.
I was issued the blue version in the RAF and everyone who had one had it fall to bits quite quickly.
I'd not pay money for one.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
mine is very comfy but the clips are poor. (can be replaced.)

Ive taken it out on days but never used it hard. Cant say how tough it is.

its 35 litres.

you can probably find one cheaper on Ebay.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Personally I would go for a 65ltr+ even for day trips. The comfort of that pack compared to a smaller one will always make it better. Even on a day hillwalk I take my Karimor Alpinitse 65ltr pack as it's so comfy.

Nick

jamesc76

Dec 13, 2010
Nottingham
PLCE-PATROL-BAG.jpg

This is the one I have, some how forgot to hand it back in wen I left the army!

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
If it's the same one I'm thinking of,
About 25l, zipped mesh panel on the front, two side pockets, covered name panel above the haul loop, zipped access to a bottom compartment?
No. it's lowest bidder junk.
I was issued the blue version in the RAF and everyone who had one had it fall to bits quite quickly.
I'd not pay money for one.

Ird agree with Graham, really poor definatly one of the worst bits of kit ive been issued with. Buy a Munro, some of the guys are still using canvas ones they bought in the 80's.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE