New Here

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jack sparrow

Feb 23, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi all, im new here, i was introduced to the site by someone at work, so i thought i would come and have a look.

Im not really up on bushcraft, but im really into my ferreting and lurchers and have been for over 25 years, i have an air arms S410 and a Sako finfire that i use between march and september when the cover is to high to ferret and the ground is to hard to run my dogs on rabbits. its helps to keep my permission as the landowners like to see me out and about all year keeping on top of the rabbit problems.

YIS
JS

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Welcome aboard (Captain) Jack Sparrow :D

You must meet Capn Badger (who posts only in "pirate talk").

Nice to meet another country boy - love to see a picture of your lurchers!

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yeah what he said - I'm having one of those ferret trips (hope you don't mind if I drag my lass along - she's always wanted to try ferreting)

Red

jack sparrow

Feb 23, 2007
Warwickshire
Thanks for the welcomes,

As for been here a short time, it feels already like ive always been here :D , this is definatly the best site i have been on, im still amazed by all the valuable info and banter without a lot of the bitching you can get on these forums,and ive been a member of a few, you all seem so friendly and genuine, im just looking forward to adding my knowledge of what i do, to the forums, and possibly give people an understanding of what i do. I enjoy taking people out and showing them the art of ferreting, so why not do it and help raise some money for a very worthy charity at the same time.

No probs red mate, its can be hard work though depending on which permission i choose to do :D

YIS
JS

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
jack,

My lass (Bushbaby) is 5'11" tall (although model girl thin), walks 10 miles without breaking sweat and shoots and cleans her own game..I'll give up before she does :D

Reckon she'll manage?

Red

jack sparrow

Feb 23, 2007
Warwickshire
:notworthy :notworthy :D , I reckon so mate.

She can do the digging then if we have to dig to any, you can make a fire for the brews, and me, well i reckon i will just chill out. :D

Should have thought about auctioning ferrets trips before, could have saved me so much time :D

YIS
JS

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE