New here, wild camping questions, anyone in Norfolk?

Jun 24, 2014
Norfolk
I'm from Norfolk, near Aylsham. I'm really keen to try some wild/stealth camping. I know about the law and risks, but completely intend to respect environment and all of that. I am awaiting delivery of a bivvy and basha and various bits and bobs. Love idea of camping up in some woods or near a beach and watching a sunrise. Don't like campsites these days....too many people arriving on a Friday intent on getting drunk and being v noisy!
However, I'm a woman and feel freaked by the idea of doing this on my own, I can be perfectly rational about noises in daytime, but everything is an axe murderer at 3am in darkness. Are there ever any small groups that meet up to do this? Or any other women that fancy trying out?
My husband will try it too one day, however, I have two children, one with type 1 diabetes, so we can't really go together and leave them with people.
And I am also slightly keener than him!
Also, any recommendations for areas tried?

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Hello and welcome to BCUK, people tend not to pass on deatils of where they camp, stelth is not supported by BCUK, so you not likely to get any respoce on that,

Have a look at the Suffolk Group, they meet at my permision near Bury St Edmunds

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
Hi maxemoss... I'm from about 5 miles up the road (Alby) so know a few places. Bacton is a good start for some wild camping. But if you want Woods AND beach try the woods at trimingham at the top of the cliff path. Been there a few times. Camp late and leave early. Great spot this time of year. There's also some woodland near John's Water (take the back road to blickling from Erpingham) where a few people camp. Don't know the landowner but some friends say he is really relaxed about people wild camping there. Hope the info helps.

iceni_warrior

Jul 9, 2014
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Out near rendlesham in Suffolk is good! I struggle to find friends that enjoy this kind of thing. They would rather get drunk and kick a ball about at a campsite with a casravam either side of them. :( I'm currently on the scout for some dense mixed woodland at the moment. I'll keep in touch with any ideas or suggestions/ plans etc!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE