New from maker of Sissipuukko.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Nice that.

The M95 was on my list about 20 years ago when it was advertised in the back of Combat and Survival magazine for about £90. I didn’t ever order and still regret that.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I think I am right in thinking the range started with a "Special Forces Survival knife" based on an issue Finnish bayonet ... some journey!

Springchicken

Aug 29, 2005
Northants.
I asked Peltonen about availability and they said that Lamnia and others will probably have them in stock next week. Apparently, Moonraker have expressed an interest in stocking them but nothing firm yet. Later in the month, you will be able to order them direct from Peltonen - so that's another option.

Reactions: Herman30 and scruff

Springchicken

Aug 29, 2005
Northants.
They are now available from Lamnia, with a range of natty handle colours, generally subdued but there is an orange one for those fearful of leaving it on the woodland floor.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I think I am right in thinking the range started with a "Special Forces Survival knife" based on an issue Finnish bayonet ... some journey!
True, though I think the idea in the beginning was to make an all round military edged knife tool. The more refined knife came a bit later or that is what I have been told.

Springchicken

Aug 29, 2005
Northants.
What sort of price would you expect to pay?

Their other knives seem fairly reasonable and the M23 is a little less for pretty much the same amount of work, though marginally less material, to produce it. I suppose it might reflect the design and manufacturing costs of producing a new knife. Either way, it doesn't seem too excessive... Maybe I'm wrong...

alphaburner

Jan 17, 2014
Cork, Ireland
I was expecting around the €70 mark based on the Terävä Jääkäripuukko 85. But just wondered not being critical. And I suppose manufacturing costs have increased everywhere.

Springchicken

Aug 29, 2005
Northants.
Well, my M23 pikkusissi has just dropped onto my doormat. I ordered one in coyote brown from Lamnia - hats off to them for a very efficient service.

The knife is very well made and is sent absolutely razor sharp out of the box. It comes with a ten year guarantee and with a variety of ways of carrying it, including neck and side carry, the latter using the peppered strap-thing on the kydex sheath.

It is a very handsome but entirely practical blade shape, made of 80CrV2 steel, hardened to 62 HRC. The handle, made of a sort of rubbery material, feels comfortable in the hand.

So much for initial impressions. I'm now going to get to know it a bit better and will feed back my findings, should that prove useful. However, initial observations are entirely positive; I think this is going to be a really useful cracker of a knife!

Reactions: Robbi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE