New Fallkniven F1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 16, 2003
Surrey
I know all of you will probably yawn at the F1 coming up as a topic again, but I've just taken delivery of mine, after curiosity got the better of me. I got the standard knife with the closed sheath and I have to say I'm quite excited on first impressions.

I have an Alan Wood Woodlore and a couple of Lapp Puuko's, but I think this knife will sit nicely in my collection as one heck of a back-up to any of the others.

I particularly liked the description of the knife on the box which said, "...this knife will be your partner for many years - a faithful, silent friend by your side." What an excellent description for any beautifully crafted tool.

I'll go and do some chanting now!!

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Something we learn in bushcrafting is that the old standbyes are here for a reason. New materials and assorted 'gizmos' come and go (and often enough come back again to ensnare a new generation of consumers.) It's hard to get excited with the gear we depend on. The F1 to me epitomises the 'survival' knife; simple and robust. If I ever manage to get myself in real trouble, those qualities will be real exciting. I just hope Fallkniven finds new owners. :?:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
I like the F1 too - solid, robust and no nonsense. I prefer the kydex sheath but there you go. It's a super knife and I hope that Fallkniven are bought by someone that will keep the company spirit alive.

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
It's a really great knife. I owned one in solid vg10 with the original v-grind. I convexed it myself. Sold it some time ago to a fellow forumite.

I added a limited edition F1 prototype in the new laminated powder steel to my collection last year. At 62 HRC a bit too much for using it as a field knife tough.

-Emile

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
I like the look of these myself,i figured i may move onto one of these when i deside i need something a little more fancy than my Mora.Is this company closing and should i buy one now.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
eraaij said:
I added a limited edition F1 prototype in the new laminated powder steel to my collection last year. At 62 HRC a bit too much for using it as a field knife tough.

-Emile

I read about them on knife forums

I like my F1, some of my knives do some things better but I never worry when the F1 is in my hand

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
Clem, Peter ( fallkniven's owner) has suffered 2 heart attacks and must retire. He hopes to sell the company for @ 2 million euros. If no buyer comes along plans are to simply exaust the existing stock without discount. While there is a good supply of knives in the commercial pipeline rumours tend to induce speculative or panic buying. None of the online dealers have posted any mention of this. When SHRADE recently closed there was a short flurry of buying. I was at a major retail outlet and saw a good dozen still on the shelf.

Oct 16, 2003
Surrey
Thanks guys for all the posts.

I had a bit of a play with the knife last night and it reinforced my initial impression of it being an excellent knife. I know there has been some previous discussion on the size of the handle, but I have smallish hands and it fits me perfectly.

I had no idea about the potential change in ownership/closing of Fallkniven. However, I am even more glad I got one now and I hope the current owner can rest easy in his retirement knowing what a quality product he has given to us.

leon-1

I have only ever used 2 of the Fallkniven range, the H1 and the F1. Both are pretty much Bombproof. Currently I own an H1, it is as secure in the hand as any knife that I have ever owned. It has a good quality leather sheath.

Curiously about the same time that you were posting this thread I was taking receipt of an F1 blank and now can hardly wait to get started on this as a project :wink:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE