New champion piece of carp kit

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I think I may have found a new contender for the "Piece of Most Carp Kit" award. Highlander folding sit-mat with velcro strap. Sturdy looking black nylon thing. Contains four pieces of foam and folds up nice and small to slip into a rucksack. Looks built to take abuse. The only problem is that if you sit on something wet (grass, moss etc), water seeps through the rows of stitching and fabric and makes your backside wet :lmao:. You can't quite believe it at first, then you slowly realise that: yes, my backside IS getting wet through this sit-mat. How on earth could anyone design or sell something like this?

My new sit mat enjoyed its first and last outing at the weekend. Back to a piece of old foam mat for me...

http://www.highlander-outdoor.com/partnumber.asp?cid=29573&pnid=301630

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
That's certainly a contender.

Mine is still the Cotton Traders "waterproof mountain boots" that left me with a wet foot with the first contact with a 1cm deep puddle, and which collapsed after a day of wear. Useless.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That's classic, I have a folding mat but it's all foam, cracking little thing it is

Saying that I've just bought an OMM DuoLite mat which might have the same problem, need to check that

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
As a fisherman I assumed you found a new amazing product!

soon discovered you didnt mean "Carp" hahaha had to share my numpty moment...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE