new carving knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rosco

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2008
west yorkshire
Here's a new carving knife I had made by a local fellow. All the materials used in it's production are recycled; the brass is from an old doorlock, the Walnut handle was an offcut I gave him to use and the blade is a Lief Carlsson, made from a horse harrow forged by hand. The reason I posted is to recommend the Carlsson blade to anyone thinking of making their own Whittler, the photo doesn't do it justice- it really is a superb piece of work.
John
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj315/johnmull_album/IMGP0002-5.jpg

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Thats a fine looking knife :cool:

John do you have any more information on Lief Carlsson?

I love the forged look for this type of blade and I like the idea that the materials are recycled, far too much good stuff gets thrown out or discarded, well done.

Rosco

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2008
west yorkshire
Hi Seany, I don't have any further info beyond that on the brisa website.
http://www.brisa.fi/
I can thoroughly recommend this blade though, as I say the photo certainly doesn't display how nice it looks in the flesh. I too like the forged look , in fact I think I'll look in to getting the 100mm one when I next decide to treat myself.
Btw I spelled his christian name wrong, I now realise , it should be Leif Carlsson
Cheers John

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
That is a superb looking knife Just the sort of thing I like.

IMGP0002-5.jpg

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
That looks a great knife for carving John, not too much belly and a nice curve all the way from handle to tip. If anyone is buying one of these from BRISA I can recommend adding a polar 95 for less than 10 euros it is a great blade and similar profile to this one, ideal to practice your knife making before handling up a nice blade like the Carlsson..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE