New Bushcraft knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SkogKniv

Dec 7, 2008
Way upstate NY
I just got this one in from BushcraftNorthwest.com it is called the O1(for the steel)

The scratches on the face are from me not the way it was shipped.

The knife is almost 8 1/2 inches long so the when you see the image with the firesteel know that the firesteel is way oversized. It is called the Armageddon firesteel.

thrth.jpg

rthtrss.jpg

r45yr45.jpg

hrhtr5.jpg

cj656c.jpg

65757u.jpg

B

bosknurft

Or, maybe people are asleep? I greatly enjoy the youtube videos made by the guy who runs BCNW, and I don't doubt his knives are well thought-out. The little thumb-rest in particular is something I'd like in my own knives.

SkogKniv

Dec 7, 2008
Way upstate NY
Yes it is antler. I always like throwing it in there haha. You can see on the neck rig I capped the 550 rig with a piece of antler.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
That's nice looking knife, I like the idea of a Scandinavian style blade and handle on a stock removal piece of flat bar. I had thought that the beautiful Scandanavian lines would be far easier to reproduce. I think your scratches come from the Kydex. I cant understand why people use that to make a knife as almost every knife I have seen with a kydex sheath is scratched due to the material trapping dirt and grit or something else that scratches it.

Its always going to be tricky to please people with a knife such as this as its a marriage of old and new materials and techniques from across the world. I suspect it will not be everyones cup of tea but I think the maker has pulled it off and I like it, apart from the Kydex. Some will say that must be the traditionalist in me. its not I think the material is just wrong for knife use.

SkogKniv

Dec 7, 2008
Way upstate NY
"I think your scratches come from the Kydex. I cant understand why people use that to make a knife as almost every knife I have seen with a kydex sheath is scratched due to the material trapping dirt and grit or something else that scratches it."

It was not the kydex is was from my own use. The kydex sheath doesn't make any scratches as I can see yet. I do agree though that I enjoy a good leather sheath more though. The kydex sheath was something the maker threw in because I had to wait for the knife. It was not needed I told him but it arrived in the box anyways haha. A good purchase overall. I have enjoyed the tool so far!

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
I prefer leather for the look but kydex is far more practical.

It doesn't hold moisture and there is far less risk of the blade sticking through it into you if you take a tumble.

The scratches are only cosmetic and don't affect the function of the tool at all.

Nice knife, the handle shape looks comfortable.

SkogKniv

Dec 7, 2008
Way upstate NY
Scratches I put on it are nothing a little high grit sand paper can't take out. Since those pictures I have buffed them out to a nice shine.

Yes kydex is very practical. I will always like leather more however. If it is well treated leather it should last you a lifetime.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice looking user that Leif, I like the chunky handle which looks really comfortable. Thanks for sharing

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
i have one of these, sent it off for some new stabilised burr scales though, but its a brilliant knife, to me it combines the puukko with the standard bushy, making it a brilliant tool for all kinds of applications,.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
These are good knives and well thought of by users.
Basic and pretty bombproof.
I found the handle very comfortable and it held a great edge.
Mine,however,is at the bottom of a Swedish lake!!
If you get bored of it anytime,give me a shout! ( You can keep the kydex tho!..lol! )
My best.
Chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE