New burl handled whittler.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Full tang wood carving/bushcraft blade designed by Robin Wood and made by Bernie Garland, with some wood stuck on by me!
3mm Carbon Steel with an excellent shape for carving.
The Handle is birch burl locally gathered from the woods from an old fallen tree, with good old brass riviets and birch bark liners. Finished with cold pressed linseed oil and a buff with a cloth.

I like this one as I am running out of decent burl without soft rot within a scale sized peice, so thought this wouldn't be as pretty, but the typical knotwork patterns in burl gave way to some nice stripes and thin black lines of walled off decay.

Hope you like.

Addo :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Oh very pretty,
Like your knife, unusual angle 'twix blade and handle but looks comfortable.
The thin lines of black rot are called "spolting" by the way... don't know if the word is used outside forestry / wood turning circles much but I like the word too.
Goatboy.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers folks. It is very comfy, I just kept carving off the wood till it felt just right, sanding through the grits, I was suprised at what was revealed.

Sorry you cant see it hiho, I'd help but im not that hot on computer probs im afraid

It was Scruff who sorted me out with the blade, liners and rivets, and the idea to do one after seeing his beauty.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE