new belts FS cosmetic seconds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've only just got back to my leatherwork after some issues with the ulna nerves in both arms. Basically I've had a lot of pain when gripping and I've been avoiding leatherwork because of it.

Anyway, I decided it was time to get back on the horse and expected to have a few mishaps before getting back to normal but in fact, I've done okay,apart from these::rolleyes:

They are all made from the same 3.5mm, veg tanned hide, very good quality, and as usual completely hand finished.

The only real issue I have with them; is the dye finish. They have all turned out a bit patchy/streaky and for me at least, a bit dissappointing, given that I had little trouble with the actual making of the damn things.

So I'm offering them up as cosmetic seconds, at reduced price.
P6230050.jpg

You should be able to see the effect I'm on about; in the picture above. It's actually not too bad except in strong direct light and with a bit of wear should tone down nicely but may well need a few outings before they darken right down.

they are all very solidly put together, with artificial sinew or No40 nylon, hand sewn and solid brass metal work.

P6230049.jpg

From left to right:

1: 1&1/4" wide by 52" long, "West End" buckle with a "buttercup" type stamp decoration, round the holes. Reversed buckle flap ( just for the sake of it-I can't see any advantage at all, really:confused:)
Its punched from 14&1/2" from the buckle,down to 7" from the tip, so will fit anything from a 26" to about a 42" waist with varying amounts of tail to tuck in.
It's been "washed" with a weak solution of ox blood dye,and the copious amounts of carnauba wax I've applied on top, have led to a "dark natural" finish.

I'm asking £14 for this please

2: 1 & 1/2" wide, by 53" long to fit from 32" to 44" waist, though I can add a few extra holes to take it to 28" if you wish. This one has a "hexagonal oval" buckle and again has been treated with several coats of carnauba wax, on top of dark tan dye.

I'm asking £18 for this please

3: 1 & 1/2" wide by 52" long with a "west end" buckle, again will fit 32" to 44" waist and can also be altered to fit smaller waist if required. Finished in medium brown, also heavily treated with carnauba wax.

£18 for this one please

4: 1 & 1/4" wide by 44" long, with an oval buckle, to fit a 28"-36" waist, finished in a rich ( though streaky:rolleyes:) dark ox blood shade.

£14 for this please

All the keepers are free sliding and are solid brass, the same as the buckles (apart from No.1 which has a sliding leather keeper)

All prices include 1st Class RMRD

I'll take paypal if you pay the fee's, otherwise I'm happy with crossed postal orders or cheques.

pm to secure

catch you later

R.B.

rancid badger

Dear me! Right then;
belts No.s 1, 2 and 3 are now SOLD

No.4 is reserved

That went a lot quicker than expected.

I just hope you're all happy with them!:eek:

best wishes and thanks to all who took the time to take a peek!

R.B.

Last edited:

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
How I missed this great deal I don't know.
I did like numbers Two and Three.
Looks like I'll have to make do with string.:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE