New axe! Hultafors trekking or Husqvarna!?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EddieP

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
Liverpool
Sorry to hijack the thread, but which of these would be best as a an all round axe and as a hunting axe for smaller deer or would both be unsuitable small for butchering.

EddieP

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
Liverpool
Sorry to hijack the thread, but which of these would be best as a an all round axe and as a hunting axe for smaller deer or would both be unsuitable small for butchering.

Has anyone got a suggestion to this? Christmas is near and I'm looking at one as a present.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

EddieP

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
Liverpool
I'm assuming it'll be easier than a saw for spliting bones, we're having to butcher it on site due to limited space for transporting a full carcass. Perhaps a saw and knife is the best option?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Yep = I've never seen anyone use an axe to be honest - you really don't want splintered bone in your meat. It would be hard to get an axe to meet the game handling regs too, so you would be unable to sell the meat.

EddieP

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
Liverpool
Meat is for my freezer as I'm not an approved person or whatever the term is now. Point taken about splintered bone though. I'll just cut through the joints and tidy up at home later.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE