is this axe any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How come they don't come with a mask, is it just to keep the price down?

I've had a looks at Pete's, I even had a go with it once but we don't talk about that :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
No mask will certainly keep the cost down just imagine if they left the hammer marks in they could charge more, like a couple of other well known swedish axe makers:)

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
I've been the Hultfors 800gm axe for the past year. Never had any problems with it. While I would love to buy a few GBones, the budget just doesn't cover it at the mo.

Ste

clay*pigeon

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2010
W. Scotland
Mine arrived on Friday, so far I'm impressed. The edge wasn't that sharp, but a couple of minutes on a fine stone and it was pretty good.
Jus need to "age" it slightly, to stop the, What another axe!! syndrome :rolleyes:

Darkwoodecho

Forager
Apr 11, 2012
United Kingdom
I added one to "basket" having read this post, it arrived promptly but as mentioned did not come with a mask, so I had a go at making one, hence the delay in posting, just finished it :)

Thanks for the heads up, very pleased with the axe.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
that looks lovely, mine arrived too, i only got to use it a couple of days ago, and im not sure it right. ill try and get a picture of what im talking about later

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
here are some pictures of the axe head, i didnt notice it at first but the axe 'kicked' to one side when i was using it which made me look closer. its hard to see but its there. will it be a problem?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE