new 8pc windsheid+testing

WeThePeoplexfbm

Settler
Dec 27, 2010
Australlia- NSW.
hello today i found a windsheid 8pce( only took 3 weeks) and it was windy tonight so i went out to test it... work well ^^ so im stoked

it a very tall one O.O
Kink249.jpg

Kink256.jpg

usein my hexi due to my canteen cup stove got steped on and need repair....

Kink259.jpg

Last edited:

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I have a Tatonka version which looks very similar. A big improvement over foil windshields but I have found it tends to blow over. The little pins aren't enough to hold it in the ground. I will be interested how you get on

NS

WeThePeoplexfbm

Settler
Dec 27, 2010
Australlia- NSW.
I have a Tatonka version which looks very similar. A big improvement over foil windshields but I have found it tends to blow over. The little pins aren't enough to hold it in the ground. I will be interested how you get on

NS

yea it blows over in strong wind -_- still thinkin on how i can keep it up ^^

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Someone on another thread had mentioned this some time ago but unfortunately I can't find it sorry, but the gist of it was he bored some small holes low down in the shield just big enought to push through 3 or 4 tent pegs around the length about 3" apart, the type of pegs with the 90 deg angle head. Pushed through from inside to outside which held the shield in place securely.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
yea it blows over in strong wind -_- still thinkin on how i can keep it up ^^

I attached a couple of keyring loops to the top of my windshield, and then used a length of paracord to join the two with enough slack to use a tent peg to hold it against the wind. Basically putting a guy line on a windshield.

WeThePeoplexfbm

Settler
Dec 27, 2010
Australlia- NSW.
Someone on another thread had mentioned this some time ago but unfortunately I can't find it sorry, but the gist of it was he bored some small holes low down in the shield just big enought to push through 3 or 4 tent pegs around the length about 3" apart, the type of pegs with the 90 deg angle head. Pushed through from inside to outside which held the shield in place securely.

oo thats a good idea thanks ^^

---
Skipp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE