Never use really good whisky in marmalade

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Gift from a neighbour I helped out. Would have been rude to sneer - so cooking whisky it is :)

Sausage and marmalade is the worlds finest butty - after kipper and marmalade!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Gift from a neighbour I helped out. Would have been rude to sneer - so cooking whisky it is :)

Sausage and marmalade is the worlds finest butty - after kipper and marmalade!

Not tried Kipper and Marmalade but sounds good - I think it's probably you that put me on to the delights of a Sausage and Marmalade butty too.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I was given one decades ago and it sounded awful. But I tried it. Been a convert ever since!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Don't knock it till you try it. Lamb and redcurrant jelly, turkey and cranberry, its all just sharp fruit jams with meat!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
When I was working in Chicago I thought it was crazy to put maple syrup on sausage, bacon and egg until I was persuaded to give it a try.

It's delicious!

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I would suggest anyone disparaging Bourbon should acquaint themselves with the FEW brand. A very fine Bourbon indeed.

They make a very good rye whiskey too.

Looking at their website, they're in Illinois. So technically it ain't Bourbon.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Looking at their website, they're in Illinois. So technically it ain't Bourbon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourbon_whiskey

Bourbon's legal definition varies somewhat from country to country, but many trade agreements require the name bourbon to be reserved for products made in the United States. The U.S. regulations for labeling and advertising bourbon apply only to products made for consumption within the United States; they do not apply to distilled spirits made for export.[SUP][17][/SUP] Canadian law requires products labeled bourbon to be made in the United States and also to conform to the requirements that apply within the United States. But in countries other than the United States and Canada, products labeled bourbon may not adhere to the same standards. For example, in the European Union, products labeled as bourbon are not required to conform to all of the regulations that apply within the United States, though they still must be made in the U.S.

Either way it's good stuff. Expensive, but I wasn't buying.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It's the only whiskey.

Nope, this is the original (and still the best)

tyrconnell-2.jpeg

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Yeah I've read those. They meet "legal" definitions, but not the real ones. For it to be Bourbon it has to be distilled in Kentucky. For a purist it's even more restrictive: it has to be Bourbon County.

As to whether it's good or not, I'll take your word for now. Hopefully I'll get a chance to try it for myself but TBH we don't drink whiskey much anymore (my daughter's celiac prevents it) Instead it's more often wine with an occasional rum or tequila.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE