Never go full Turkish

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Waking up on Wednesday i glanced in the mirror...I never usually look in the mirror as i dont really care what i look like.

Anyway, I looked and thought, You're looking a bit rough their Stevie Boy, Haircut and a Shave time me thinks. So of i heads off to my usual Barber, Wee Budgie at the bottom of the main street.
Alas i forgot it was Wednesday and Budgie's would be shut, so i made the decision to try the Turkish Barbers 100 yards up the street.

I Watched the guys cut a few heads and was thinking, these guys are pretty meticulous in what they do, certainly take a lot more time on the old Barnett than Budgie usually does.
Now it's my turn...Usual Number one at the back and sides, leave a bit of length on the top and tidy up the beard, eyebrows and nose hair thank you very much..

After cutting my hair the guy looked like he was doing the end part, tidying up, brushing the hair from your neck etc, I reminded him i asked for a Beard, Eyebrow and nasal hair trim...Does Beard OK, then gets a small electric trimmer out and does the Nasal hair then moves straight onto the Eyebrows...Buzz Buzz...Zero Eyebrows...Unbelievable. What you see below is nothing but stubble, the rest halfway along my eyebrow is gone....Never ever go full Turkish Man..

Snapshot_20150515_3_zpsoamh3wiz.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Waking up on Wednesday i glanced in the mirror...I never usually look in the mirror as i dont really care what i look like.

Anyway, I looked and thought, You're looking a bit rough their Stevie Boy, Haircut and a Shave time me thinks. So of i heads off to my usual Barber, Wee Budgie at the bottom of the main street.
Alas i forgot it was Wednesday and Budgie's would be shut, so i made the decision to try the Turkish Barbers 100 yards up the street.

I Watched the guys cut a few heads and was thinking, these guys are pretty meticulous in what they do, certainly take a lot more time on the old Barnett than Budgie usually does.
Now it's my turn...Usual Number one at the back and sides, leave a bit of length on the top and tidy up the beard, eyebrows and nose hair thank you very much..

After cutting my hair the guy looked like he was doing the end part, tidying up, brushing the hair from your neck etc, I reminded him i asked for a Beard, Eyebrow and nasal hair trim...Does Beard OK, then gets a small electric trimmer out and does the Nasal hair then moves straight onto the Eyebrows...Buzz Buzz...Zero Eyebrows...Unbelievable. What you see below is nothing but stubble, the rest halfway along my eyebrow is gone....Never ever go full Turkish Man..

Snapshot_20150515_3_zpsoamh3wiz.jpg

As an ex hairdresser (yes I was) and habitual climber in Turkey I let folk cut my hair. But my eyebrows and beard are sacrosanct. I do them or no-one does. My brother.when he hit a certain age let someone cut his. He looked like some mildly surprised Rick Astley tribute. My 'brows are untouched by human hand and (I) think look better for it.
My partner and barber now know that my beard is like Samsons hair. My self flows from it. I'll do the topiary. A mans beard is his "id".

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I'm trying not to laugh Stevie but you did let someone attack your eyebrows, i reckon soon i'll be able to tuck mine behind my ears or down the sides of my face and merge them into my beard. It's a good thing you don't care what you look like eh? :D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I usually cut everything myself..Hair, Eyebrows, Nasal hair just gets pulled out, but i thought i would treat myself for some bizarre reason on Wednesday...Never again.

Having had the works in Turkey many times... They ask (language aside) what you're up for. Had the full Turkish bath thing after weeks in the mountains. Turn up all grimey. They sweat you. Plunge you, then a huge hairy Turk turns up and gets his own back for Gallipoli. At the end of the muscular manipulation they then take flame and blade to you. It's wonderfull. They say the most trusted man in the kingdom is the kings barber. After this they lathered you in unctions of lemon to make you feel great.
I would say that eyebrows and nasal jair are off limits to others. Like my beard they shouldn't be touched. Very few barbwrs ars taught to touch these.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Soon i am going to risk going for a beard trim (if he cuts anymore than an inch of the length there will be trouble) but that is only because the length of it now is well past my expertise and skills with the electric clipper that i used to do my skinhead with

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
No eyebrows, wait till you start sweating then you’ll curse him even more :lmao:

stevie777 that disguise makes you look more like groucho marx :rofl:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE