netted hammocks

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There`s loads on ebay for about £5 drew if you look.

I just tie a length of paracord round a tree and hang stuff from that with mini crabs

I got a cheap trekmates parachute hammock for £6.99 from tkmaxx in the summer, I can use it in the garden to relax , and use it as a storage hammock. I dont know if you saw it at middlewood, I think you asked me about it or I told you about it or I dreamt I did:D

I slung it underneath my dd and it hooked straight onto the carabiners on the dd.
I kept everything on it including mine and adams rucksacks.
It was handy keeping everything off the floor.
It was the first time I have used it and I will be using it again. it takes up less room than a small ground sheet.:)

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I'm making one that holds a small amount of stuff, but a bigger one might me in order...
Currently I lash up a tripod and hang stuff off that.

Not that I've tried it myself, but I'd imagine that there's a fair chance of any buckles etc on gear getting caught-up in the netting?

I've considered doing similar but am concerned that if this is the case I'd get mighty annoyed at having to untangle things / accidently tipping the hammock upside down when things do get tangled.

(Of course, I guess Bodge's parachute hammock doesn't suffer from this, if so, that may be what I need.)

D

Deleted member 4605

i was woundering does anyone use a netted hammock to store your gear of the floor and also what else do you use them for?

Yes. I sling one under my DD Travel Hammock and store all my gear/bags in it - even my boots (on top of a bin bag). At the moot this year mine held a 70L pack, a 25L day pack, a bimble bag, coat, hat and boots no problem.

Buckles on packs can get snagged, but it's not a huge problem.

I also stick the same hammock in my day pack when out and about - it's a great temporary resting place, but I wouldn't want to overnight in it.

second question can you get one cheeper than DD hammocks at nine pound anywhere

Got mine for a few quid off eBay a while ago. I keep meaning to put longer cord on it though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE