Needing some combats

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
Right, im on the hunt for some durable combat trousers but there is just too many out there to know whats good and whats not so was hoping maybe a few of you could give me some advice.

Really looking for something thats not too heavy but will keep me nice and warm, something thats not going to take a year to dry if they get wet and nothing too baggy. i prefer the 'slim fit' style as i find more comfortable to wear if possible but not a must.
Oh yeah and something with a few decent pockets.

Looking for something with a reasonable price as i need a few pairs, colour wise looking for black/olive and maybe DPM.
Plan to wear in cold/windy weather (so if there is anything windproof that would be nice) and also in the summer months so maybe i might pick up two different pairs for each type of weather.
Is there anything with reinforced knees? I seen the 'SAS Kit Carry Sniper Trouser' on the bushcraft store, they seem to be the only ones i can find they has the reinforced knees. A little while ago they were selling for £20 but they sold out way too fast for me to pick any up and they are now £40.

Anyway any suggestions would be great, thanks!

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
You could venture into Glasgow and make enquires at the surplus/outdoor stores there. Old style windproofs are what you are after, sorry am a jungles man so never issued a pair.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
Hi stu, never seen those before so something to think about! thanks for the link. Did you decided to try a pair?

-tiger stacker, i plan to go into Glasgow tomorrow actually.. hopefully its not pouring down because right now its terrible outside.
Whats the best shops to check out in glasgow? I only know of Adventure1 which i don't like that much, its okay.. but last time i went in the guy who served me was quite frankly an idiot. I Was asking him the difference between two rucksacks of the same brand and he said the only difference was they were from a 'different supplier and company' but apart from that they were the exact same thing.. he then change his story about 5 times so i just left the shop. Also find it more expensive in there and the guys are out to make money from my experience tho i have got a few things from them before.
I know of Clearwater but have never been because its a bit out the way of the city center, apart from there i know there is a few outdoor shops but no more surplus style shops.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Hi stu, never seen those before so something to think about! thanks for the link. Did you decided to try a pair?

i did mate yes,...

they have yet to arrive tho,..

i know Robbi used the same site and got work to buy him some moleskin ones too so he may have his by now,.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE