Need to make some covers/sheaths

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Well folks, having a big tidy up in the shed and policed up all the cutting tools that I need to make sheaths or at least blade covers for.

ToCover_zps5e6s6i5i.jpg

Top, the old grass hook i modded to look like the the sickles in a Anglo-saxon manuscript that the middle son used to harvest the Bere barley etc last year. Just needs something to safely store it in. When I find a matching pair of cow horns I will be making a grease and a grit/sand horn ( and one of those flat sided stick things that was wiped with the grease, coverd in the grit/fine sand and used to hone the edge. need to look into the little field anvils and hammers they used as well....)

The Green River type knife I rescued.

The wickedly sharp gardening knife I put a too nice handle on. I'll probably copy the design of sheath I made for the wifes, it seams to work fine.

The faux medieval knife the lad and I made, I'll copy somat dug up at York.

3 Nowil Pro throwers herself bought after a few sessions with a sons cheapo made in Taiwan jobs. If you try to buy them from the maker in Sheffield they are over twice as much as you get them from the designer, who also invites you and your family over to a club meet over in Doncaster ( I think, I wasn't paying much attention, can't throw to save my life ), Anyroads I need to make a thigh sheath for them.

Bone handle cake knife, i need to score a couple of matching cake forks and will do a Kukhri style sheath for them, bit of a in joke.

Will update once the first one is finished.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE