Need some new trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheWoodsman

Nov 1, 2013
Essex/Suffolk Border
The arbor wear trousers are nice might look into getting a pair but i think i will go for the countrymans, Ive found DPM trousers on eBay aswell for around 8.99 a pair anyone got any experience with these?

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Arbor wear Original Tree Climbers or Tech Trousers. Very good value.

+1 for these. Although the general consensus is against Fjrallraven, due to a drop in quality, I've found their Numbers range very good and extremely well made. Bloomin' pricey though!

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Just found these http://www.mad4tools.com/scruffs-tr...ork-trousers-sizes-30in-40in-waist-3193-p.asp any body had any experiance with scruffs, they look fairly durable

I had scruffs a few years ago. I found them to be I'll fitting, didn't really get on with them. Back when I made skateboard halfpipes (don't ask) and TV beds, I swore by blaklader pants, particularly the craftsman pants. Very warm, loads of storage but not waterproof.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

drliamski

Sep 11, 2006
East London
I wear scruffs and find them great. Trade and pro trousers. If you get to screwfix or wickes you can try some on

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

http://direct.asda.com/george/mens-trousers/multi-pocket-trousers/G004401191,default,pd.html

As an 18 year old with a part-time apprentice position my budget is severely limited, so I've been alternating with two pairs of these for the better part of a year now. To say that these are from ASDA, for £14 I am seriously impressed with their longevity and I would happily pay 3x the price for these.
The only problems I've had with these are that the button has needed replacing once on each pair, and the fact that being 65% polyester they do melt if you get hot embers on them, though I imagine that's likely to be a problem in a lot of items! They are a bit thin, but a good base layer will stop the cold without a problem. Not waterproof, but certainly resistant to a degree.

It does sound like you're looking for something a bit more hard-wearing, but the post may still benefit someone else!

-Note: I am not in any way affiliated with ASDA/George, just extremely happy with this product!

TheWoodsman

Nov 1, 2013
Essex/Suffolk Border
Ok todays the day just spent the last 3 hours traipsing through Ipswich town to find NOTHING remotely in the style or size i want. Theres been some awesome suggestions so cheers for that fellows. But it has finally boiled down to, Either the Jack Pyke countrymans or the Arbor wear climbers. She who must not be named wont let me have both, so out of those to what would you recommend?

W

warnerbot

THREAD DREDGE

On the look out for a pair of bushy type trousers myself for a forthcoming adventure. I will be going to variously snowy and wet places, but spring will be breaking and I will have merino base, so don't need anything lined or too warm.

My basic question is this – a lot of the recommendations herein (JP Countryman, Hoggs of Fife, Arborwear Treeclimbers) got me excited by new alternatives to Fjallraven and swedteam prices, however I see they are all 100% cotton - is this not a problem in wet weather with drying times?

Who has any of these trousers and how do they fare in conditions where it rains more than not? If its not an issues I may go for some countryman as i like the look and spec of them, in which case the hardshell version or the normal??

If not, I guess i'll go poly cotton with some 5.11 PDU or some M65s.

THANKS GANG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE