Need a place to stay in Inverness/environs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
This is a few days over the weekend of the 7th November.

AirBnb is pricey and the youth hostel shut.

I am housetrained. (Contrary to popular rumour)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Tengu, why on Earth are you coming north just now ?
We're already restricted on where we can meet people, how many people can meet up, etc., and November is short days too.

Right now there is, and I quote, "there is a ban on hosting other households indoors across the country."

So, that means no visitors, and many hotels, etc., have decided to close down early because it's just not financially viable.

Whether that'll still be in force in November, I don't know, but I don't see anyone being happy to host someone coming from so far away.

"Friday brought a First Ministerial hint that travel from the central belt into the less infected north of Scotland could move from strong discouragement to a ban." I think that implies that folks from further south ought not to travel unless it's vitally important too.

Reactions: Nice65

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I will wear my tartan wrap and carry a haggis.

They cant mistake me for anything other than a sassernach

Reactions: Mowmow

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:rolleyes:

Genuinely, it is not a good time for visitors.
There surely is nothing so desperately urgent that you have to travel the length of the country just to be in Scotland in November for a weekend.
The area you're intending to visit is 'tourist', and the tourism closes down apart from the skiing, from the end of this month anyway....or are you looking at the employment prospects in a local musem ?

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE