Need a metal eyelet thing for a pair of Assault boots.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Hi folks,
since the amazing foot growth incident of 2009 (length not width, mind) I've been without a pair of assault boots for general scrabbling about in the woods so when a pair of wide 9s turned up in a charity shop for £10 in very good nick less a missing eyelet thingy I grabbed them.

Can you buy spare metal work for Assault boots? I could punch in a lace sized hole and put on a eyelet or a D ring and bracket with a rivet but if I could get a proper replacement I'd prefer to do it right. It's one of the big two rivet fittings you get between the 6 lace hoes and the 6 riveted on loops of metal I require so if anyone can point me towards a supplier I'd be very grateful!

Alternatively if anyone's about to bin a pair could I ask them to slice off the fitting and I can drill the rivets out and reuse that?

Cheers!

Tom

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
I have some fittings off an old pair of walking boots I scrapped that might work at a pinch - I've already used one to fix a fishing boot where a fittiing broke.

Will dig them out and post a pic later today.

Could you post a pic of what you're after in case I've got the wrong end of the stick?

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Thanks! Here's a pic of what's missing on the other boot.

imagejpg1_zpsbe63fd81.jpg

If there was a garrison town near by I'd take it to a cobblers as they are bound to have them.

atb
Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Great! Do you know what he searched them as as I've had no joy with tags like Assault boot eyelets, metal fillings, army boot furniture etc? Thanks!

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Thanks very much indeed! It arrived just now and I gave it a quick whiz on the wire wheel, applied some black marker and used a couple of cut down copper rivets to fix it on, with washers of course. A bit more Sharpie colouring in and some boot polish ...

imagejpg1_zps055d2f22.jpg

With the last pair of seconds Sorbathane foot beds we got off Colne market at a pound a pair and a good polish I now have a "new' pair of dossing about boots.

Thanks again!

Tom

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
Blimey that was quick - posted yesterday lunchtime

Glad it's a fixer - it came off a pair of Timberlands, so hopefully it will take a bit of punishment.

There's a moral here though - one pair of dead boots has given my fishing boots and your combats a new lease of life - never throw anything away without considering the salvage resource options.

Although what I call salvage resource options, my OH calls hoarding rubbish.

Last edited:

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I must admit that since I got these boots and gave the issue some consideration I have cut and saved the lines of D rings off a pair of the eldests boots that have worn out before binning them. I really regret not doing it to all the others I've chucked over the years.

thanks again!

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE