Necker advice please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigboned

Forager
Feb 17, 2016
Ireland
Hi all, I'm looking for a wee knife as per the pic, I intend it for food prep mainly so was wondering if a full flat grind would be better? Also I'd like wood scales or antler to keep it more traditional looking rather than plastic etc which could be more associated with the food side. Can anyone recommend?
I don't want a kit/ project as I don't have time on my hands- I've seen the mora eldris alas I'm looking for something nice although I don't have a large budget 50 quid maybe and that needs to include a sheath ( nothing fancy but leather all the same)
What do you use? Show me yours?!
Cheers
Andy
f0ba7a43c2c6c0d52915a5fe1205f615.png

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
I can recommend the enzo necker in full flat grind - scans is just aren't good at food prep Check out brisa.fi for some options.

The sheaths are ok for a while, but the knife deserves better and it is always an option to upgrade later. For 50 quid you will not do better.

Last edited:

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
As above, for food prep a thin flat blade is better......tbh though i often find neck knife blades lengths too short for food prep
If i cant do something as simple as butter bread or cut into a joint of meat without getting the handle covered in food its not much good imo

Dave Dickinson

Tenderfoot
Jun 28, 2017
Rochdale UK
I'd not bother with a Becker for food prep unless it was of a bigger size than most. I don't know about the enzo Becker but I do havea larger enzo with full flat that's a great knife

SGL70

Dec 1, 2014
Luleå, Sweden
I'd go for an Enzo, I think.
I normally use short bladed knives, but as I traded my go-to knife I am in the process of making a three-finger knife (three actually as my kids wanted one too.)

Currently out for heat treatment (a subject I find way more important than type of grind)

tQk6Qq.jpg

Cheers,
Greger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE