Neck Puukko advice needed please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mutineer

Apr 30, 2013
Hampshire
Hi all,

I will try and keep to the point. I would like the following:
Blade; 8cm, Scandi with secondary bevel, bit like a mora! 3mm thick, 12c27
Handle; No guard, barrel shape with swell at the end
Straight alignment from handle to blade
I'm thinking full tang with lanyard loop and micarta scales.
Sheath; flap over pancake style with no belt loop for neck carry or to slip into a pouch.

It would be nice to see a production that fits the bill but I'm getting picky enough to warrant a custom. I used to have the small jarvenpaa puukko which I found really useful. It was unnoticeable on the neck and slipped into utility pouches on my webbing. Something a little fuller in the handle and a little more robust is what I have in mind. (hence full tang/micarta).

I just find this slightly smaller size more useful than the standard 10-11 cm blade (especially the wide bladed ones). I often get a lot of inspiration from kitchen paring knives.

OK, Ive said enough, any help is much appreciated.

ATB
Nick

mutineer

Apr 30, 2013
Hampshire
That is a nice knife! with a few differences with size, grind etc that's really close to the mark. Its really helpful to see pictures of these things. It helps to bring the idea I have in my head to life.

PS- That Bergans smock you modified for me last year is brilliant by the way. Ive been meaning to get some sort of review and feedback on it but time is always short! Its coming with me on the great glen canoe in 3 weeks so hopefully it will see some real use.

Ahti Korpi has the right dimensions and is a close match off the shelf.

ahti250113.jpg

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Hi, My brother has a Mark Hill knife and they are very nice indeed. However, if you want something a little more affordable then an Enzo Necker is a very good choice. You get a choice of handle materials (curly birch or micarta), 12c27 s/steel, 3mm thick, 7cm blade, nice leather sheath, scandi grind. I recently bought one and have been very happy with it to the extent that it's coming out with me on a camping trip this weekend and I'm leaving my bigger knife at home!

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
2d89554556191abe45d0b14727bd4e98.jpg

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE