Neck Knife Survival Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
That knife has not been made in many years, even before the original post. It is a carbon steel blade of 1095 with 3"+ of cutting edge. It's a thin blade with a full flat grind and will do all the things that a thin, pointy, 3" blade with a full flat grind will do. :)

Is this some form of Chinese knock off?

http://newtlivesayknives.com/KNIFE_NRGS.htm

I bookmarked the site when this video was originally posted, just curious.

"...I have been using the same thing with my Becker necker for ages now, the light in the inertube, works a treat, and saves me keep searching for me head torch when out in the woods at knight..."

Get some pics up! :)

The light held in place by a piece of inner tube trick works with a mora too, but it isn't so slim.

mora_sm.jpg

Last edited:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Is this some form of Chinese knock off?

http://newtlivesayknives.com/KNIFE_NRGS.htm

I bookmarked the site when this video was originally posted, just curious.

Get some pics up! :)

The light held in place by a piece of inner tube trick works with a mora too, but it isn't so slim.

mora_sm.jpg

Interesting. That looks like Newt's old site. Newt went out of business for a good long while and stuck a lot of people. Also borrowed thousands of dollars from someone I know personally who did Newt a BIG favor and Newt left him hanging. However, I heard somewhere that he might be back in business but I don't know the extent of it. I dunno though. I'd be very careful about sending any money to him. If you do a search over at BF on the Good, Bad, and Ugly, you will find most of the nasty details. Could be a reborn Newt though. :) If he is back in business, maybe you can purchase his knives through a reliable dealer.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Interesting. That looks like Newt's old site. Newt went out of business for a good long while and stuck a lot of people. Also borrowed thousands of dollars from someone I know personally who did Newt a BIG favor and Newt left him hanging. However, I heard somewhere that he might be back in business but I don't know the extent of it. I dunno though. I'd be very careful about sending any money to him. If you do a search over at BF on the Good, Bad, and Ugly, you will find most of the nasty details. Could be a reborn Newt though. :) If he is back in business, maybe you can purchase his knives through a reliable dealer.

Thanks for this. That site has been up and running for at least a couple of years.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE