Nature taking the Mickey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants
Went for a nice six mile stroll over the fields on Saturday; after a two week holiday I just needed some exercise. Rain had been forecast and so I went forearmed with waterproofs in my bag and left my camera with telephoto lens at home.

Half way round I stop for a break in a hidden spot in the corner of a field and two beautiful c**k pheasants promptly stroll out into the field in front me. Seconds later they are joined by not one but two Jays and then for a good measure a green woodpecker joined them! ........I half expected a dozen Roe Deer to come out next doing the cha cha!!!!

... next time the cameras coming with me regardless of the weather; which by the way remained dry, clear and sunny throughout!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
On a very foggy day once we were going for a stroll down the Thames near Richmond park. We turned off the path to cross through a brick wall. As we emerged through the wall about 10 feet away under a skeletal tree standing in a flooded dip, resplendant in the fog -Its breath like steam in the cold morning air was a magnificent stag the like of which belongs on a whiskey bottle.

I'd forgotten my camera. It obviously knew this as it stood there posing for absolutely ages.

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
On a very foggy day once we were going for a stroll down the Thames near Richmond park. We turned off the path to cross through a brick wall. As we emerged through the wall about 10 feet away under a skeletal tree standing in a flooded dip, resplendant in the fog -Its breath like steam in the cold morning air was a magnificent stag the like of which belongs on a whiskey bottle.

That's a nice picture as it stands. You don't need a camera.

Lynx

Nomad
Jun 5, 2010
Wellingborough, Northants

I'd forgotten my camera. It obviously knew this as it stood there posing for absolutely ages.

:) Not to worry, you have an amazing way of recapturing the moment in words.

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I find its the same when I leave the rifle at home. Its like the opening scene from Ace Ventura pet detective.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE