Natural wood spirit..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Not sure this qualifies but theres something keeping a close eye on things in these woods

20150921_123701.jpg

Is that door carved into the tree or is it stuck on?

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
Tbh I am assuming its added to the tree, its the first time I have been to these woods and saw it. I thought it was brilliant then noticed the 2 glazed windows up the trunk of the tree. (First picture shows them all be it poor quality. I may go back and get better photos)

Ch@rlie

Nomad
Apr 14, 2011
Felixstowe
To be fair I dont know their name. They're not far from me, recently moved to Suffolk. Only just discovered them but they seem very popular with dog walkers from what Ive seen so far, I have not spent more than 30 minutes there yet.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Found this stone face on the Preseli hills today.

attachment.php

and this one...

P1020324.jpg

Attachments

• P1020373.jpg
    P1020373.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
There be a weird feeling, atmosphere up there with the so called blue stones. I was contemplating the distance, whilst sat on the stone table. I'd like to believe that they man hauled them, but my head tells me it was glaciation. Besides the fact that the preseli site would have been a much better location, setting. I gather there was already a huge community at both areas, why cart then all the way to Wilshire?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Came across this grumpy stone fellow whilst walking close to bodelwyddan castle. Blew some cobwebs away after man flu torment.

uploadfromtaptalk1443898692352.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1443898774986.jpg

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Forgot to say it looked very much like a burial cairn, stone tomb. Not listed on the map, but I'll check coflein when I get home.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
My feelings confirmed by this info from coflein.

PARC BACH MEGALITHIC STRUCTURE AND SUMMER HOUSE

A peculiar 'megalithic' structure set on a low hillock overlooking and to the W of Dolbadarn Castle.
It is primarily defined by two large orthostatic slabs set parallel to each other some 3m apart forming two sides of a square structure which has low pillars at each corner. Contiguous with the NE corner pillar is a larger 2m high squarish 'standing stone'. Numerous other blocks lie scattered about and the whole area is raised some 0.5m above the surrounding hillside.

The site was partially excavated by P.Crew in 1976. 19thC pottery was found in a primary context. The structure had a paved slate floor and a simple branch roof. All this was felt to be consistent with local information indicating that the structure was used as a summer house as recently as the 1920s. However, it was also felt to be too crude to have been a Victorian folly. There was so much similarity with certain Irish early Christian sites that an earlier origin is suspected, reuse following in the 19thC.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE