Natty threads, 1924 style.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
That's amazing! And it's even pre-Ventile days!

Now as to whether or not the two of them made it up Everest, we'll never know until we find that missing camera.

But if they DO find the camera, and it proves that Hillary was not the first human up Everest, I would prefer that they don't release the information until after he passes away. (I think that would be common courtesy!)

Adam

bogflogger

Nomad
Nov 22, 2005
london
Hi folks. As I understand it Norgay Tersing Sherpa went to the summit before Hillary during their ascent. And Mallory/Irvine?? Anyone fancy a group buy of Mallory anoraks?

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
I remember watching the original program when they found Mallory it was a good documentary I'm not sure we will ever know if they made it I like to believe they did but had a accident coming down the yellow band (this is one of the theories of what happened) they found their altimeter but no needle so that didn't help we just need to find the camera that was in Mallory’s breast pocket, they had a hard enough time finding him never mind a camera that’s about the size of your hand. It will be good to see how the clothing works and eliminate gear as a cause for the disappearance but I wouldn’t want to go up Everest in that little lot!!!!

James

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
I'm quite sure that I read somewhere that Hillary offered Tenzing the first steps on the summit, but Tenzing wouldn't allow it, and so Hillary was first.

Behind thick glass, my Dad has a front page vintage newspaper article of The Times, July 1953 "The Ascent of Everest" hanging in his office. He just left for the shooting range with Cadets, so I snuck in there, nabbed the article and took these: (I apologize for the bad images, I'm a horrible photographer)

Everest1.jpg

Everest2.jpg
Everest3.jpg
Sophia.jpg

And I figured I'd throw in one of my cat for no apparant reason.

Adam

bogflogger

Nomad
Nov 22, 2005
london
nice pictures! I think I still have a copy of 'the ascent of everest' somewhere here,will try to dig it out and check. (that cat looks like it's up to something! )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE