NATO Brass Button Compass damage?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I would still want to know how he damaged it.

Something like that cant exactly be damaged except with real effort...

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Aparently you are not as anal about your stuff as I am. My stuff is "sacred" to me and I do not lend anything to anybody.

Reactions: MrEd

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I think we've established that breaking the compass is a bit poor and that others would be v unhappy with the situation and that person. More importantly we've also established that Forest Fella values this person's friendship more than the compass. Horses for courses, a true friend is sometimes all you need.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I for one am not against lending stuff but I will freely admit that there has been times it has been trashed or `lost`.

Often by people you trust. (I think all people are equally untrustworthy when it comes to borrowing)

I myself look after things, and make sure to give it back. (Well there was the time the guy died before i could return the item...)

Borrowing can strain friendships.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
A true friendship is certainly not worth a compass either way you look a it

If you want a replacement keep an eye on ebay - they turn up from time to time - usually ex-mil stuff where the paint's a bit worn and the glass needs a polish but usually only £15-20

Reactions: SCOMAN

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
I have borrowed things from friends in the past but never would I return it broken and have replaced things with new when I have it’s a poor show when somebody does that that’s not friendship I’m afraid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: MrEd and Herman30

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE