NATO Brass Button Compass damage?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Morning, I lent my mate 1 of my Brass Button Compass's afew weeks ago to show a friend of his, and yesterday he put it through my letter box with a note saying sorry, And all he's gave me back is the Compass dial with no housing.
Anyone had to fix 1 or know of a way to make it into a working compass, apart from the free floating or string method.
cheers

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Sorry, missed the NATO bit. If it is the one with the 8 pointed star inside it probably is worth putting it back together. Depends what tools you've got to hand. I'd start by finding an old watch that will give you the right sized cover (loads on ebay for steam punk jewellery making) then turn a brass body to hold the watch glass and compass.

Some 'mate'!!

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
That is a shame and as Corso says they are pretty bombproof. My question is where is the rest of it?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Do you think I could use a cheapo non liquid filled sub £1 button compass as the case / housing and put the NATO compass Dial into it and glue it back together.?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Nah, He's stood by my side afew times & it's my fought I knew he is abit on the Heavy handed side.
That and I've re-magnitized it and it will be a Leaf floating compass now or a luminous gear finder on somethink.
cheer's

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
@Forest fella And you call that guy a friend? With friends like that you don´t need enemys.

It does not exist in my world that if I borrow something and brake it that I would not pay for it one way or another.

Reactions: dave53

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE