Native Americans Russell Means

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
I refer you to The Fairy -Faith in Celtic Countries by W. Y. Evans- Wentz for which he received the first Anthropology doctorate from the California University system.
Green comets are one thing, crossing the gentry another as a Irish developer learned the hard way.
I also reference G K Chesterton
“ The dragon is the most cosmopolitan of impossiblities”
And poem THE FISH
Seriously? With all the horrors inflicted by institutional isms
A green comet is scarier than Morris Dancers and button people blocking a hells angel on a roundabout.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Sadly, my few visits have been constrained by time. Next time let’s meet up. Enough forum members and we can ‘Form Squares’ Do they charge when wounded? Would pelting with wine gums warrant a warning?

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
A lot of the so called indigenous people where in more or less balance with their surroundings because they did not have the technological means to really screw it up.

I kind of learned that after realizing that most of the littering in Lapland is done by the locals, including Sami. Somewhat cynical of me but I still haven't been able to drop the engineer's habit of deailing with realities.
Littering is not a huge problem. Its the technological change that is. For example leaving biodegradable wast lying around isn't a problem, plastic has replaced a lot of biodegradable waste without teaching people that plastic is a problem they will continue to litter.

In India up until the early 1990s there was a cottage industry making single fire ceramic cups for railway train chai sellers. You drank your tea & threw the cup out the window and it went back to the earth. Then they replaced them with plastic, wiping out a cottage industry and creating a litter problem.

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
In Lapland it kind of is, the amount of beer cans is relatively huge. Plastic seems to be a minor problem there.
Plastic is an example, it can be cars, white goods, bottles etc. Considering beer used to be in returnable bottles this is a big part.

The process remains the same, humans are litterers its what we throw away that is the problem.

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
Well not all, in this case it seems it is the locals "indigenous" or not. Trekkers from south don't leave trash trails like that.
Educated humans generally aren't litterers, but the iss with some indigenous communities is their transition from a culture where all that they use being biodegradable to them using items manufactured and packaged in non biodegradable waste which probably doesn't get properly disposed of.

Marginalisation of indigenous communities also means they may not get the services like refuse collection, education etc.

The fact that some modern humans don't leave litter in nature doesn't detrac from the fact that thisnindustrial civilisation buries some of its rubbish, burns some of it and let's vast amounts of it into the Ocean. There is a Pacific & Atlantic garbage patch & most plants and animals contain plastic and in Hawaii there is a rapidly forming plastic geological layer.

Modern humans are litterers

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Educated humans generally aren't litterers, but the iss with some indigenous communities is their transition from a culture where all that they use being biodegradable to them using items manufactured and packaged in non biodegradable waste which probably doesn't get properly disposed of.

Marginalisation of indigenous communities also means they may not get the services like refuse collection, education etc.

The fact that some modern humans don't leave litter in nature doesn't detrac from the fact that thisnindustrial civilisation buries some of its rubbish, burns some of it and let's vast amounts of it into the Ocean. There is a Pacific & Atlantic garbage patch & most plants and animals contain plastic and in Hawaii there is a rapidly forming plastic geological layer.

Modern humans are litterers
They are as educated as any other living up here, and (at least in my country) have been for as long too.
And They began using non biodegradables as soon as everyone else.
They actually have no excuses for littering.

ManFriday4

Nomad
Nov 13, 2021
Oxfordshire
They are as educated as any other living up here, and (at least in my country) have been for as long too.
And They began using non biodegradables as soon as everyone else.
They actually have no excuses for littering.
Nor do the rest of us, even if we do send our waste away for landfills and ocean dumping

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Can we distill this thread to some tangible points? OP admired a
Prominent member of our First People’s AKA American Indians, the
Slurs Redskins and Blanketheads, Lost tribes of Israel et al. The polite address is to ask ‘ which nation are you?’
Then a green comet appeared. I couldn’t view the actual comet due to our storms. Oh well, next time.
Finally, the tinkling of Laplander/Saami ( being PC) reindeer bells . Or is that tinkling of littered beer cans?

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
I don't "follow" anyone as a guru, believe me. But I don't think there is anything wrong with listening to wisdom from those who have it.
I have questioned those I have gone to see. I never take anything for granted.
Sadly there is so much crap out there from the likes of David ike and many others, it can be hard to know what is true, and it's easy to become cynical and reject everything including many wise teachings, or taken in with rubbish.
I can't realy explain , but the feeling of knowing it's wise and true, and the ability to see behind people's words is important to be able to know the difference between those who are in it for the money, and those who simply wish to help you understand and thrive in this complicated and confusing world .
I read your post with interest. Your writings are somewhat contradictory. On the one hand you rightly defend your personal understanding of spirituality and confront those ridiculing you but then go on to to do exactly the same.
Have you actually looked at any of David Ickes material? It is prophetic and much of what he has said for decades has come true and continues to unfold. He believes that we have lost our connection to nature and the life force. I think many of us on this forum, consciously or not, also recognize that and that is why we find such connection and fulfillment in bush craft. I strongly believe he is a genuine truth seeker and one who cares deeply for humanity. Much love x

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 pot hunter

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Being ’ spiritual’ does not imply abandoning criticism of those professing same, but with rather
Nasty agendas. I lived through the
Period of cults from guru Ma, Bhagwan Rajneesh, the moonies, , heavens gate, Scientologist, people’s temple, church of Satan ad nauseum and nauseous.
If someone from findhorn wants to talk to fairies fine. I’ve never had one put a gun to my head for money, sexually abuse children or commit mass suicide. But you start spouting BS about the Queen being a lizard people, sell snake oil cures to the desperate or store assault rifles while preaching love? One of us is going to get hurt. And I’m the one walking away.

Reactions: Woody girl

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I guess I am a bit of a split personality really, like Walt Whitman, full of contradictions. I feel a spiritual sense of connection with the natural world when I am outdoors, but I am wholly with the science so far as climate change, and vaccinations and so far I have managed to avoid the plague. As far as reptilian overlords go, I think there is only one, and his name is Rupert Murdoch.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I read your post with interest. Your writings are somewhat contradictory. On the one hand you rightly defend your personal understanding of spirituality and confront those ridiculing you but then go on to to do exactly the same.
Have you actually looked at any of David Ickes material? It is prophetic and much of what he has said for decades has come true and continues to unfold. He believes that we have lost our connection to nature and the life force. I think many of us on this forum, consciously or not, also recognize that and that is why we find such connection and fulfillment in bush craft. I strongly believe he is a genuine truth seeker and one who cares deeply for humanity. Much love x
I'm not contradictory, I listen and decide on what I feel in my heart is true or not. Just because I have a different belief to the majority, does not mean I have to believe everything different that is out there.
I was given the prediction in 1997, and told where in the sky it would appear, by an old man, who was told by his grandfather. The comet appeared exactly where predicted, after only having been discovered by astronomers.... less than a year before.!
Some may scoff at others beliefs, and there is plenty of false info put there, which has been " proved "by cgi, so be careful and don't get taken in by the people who want fame and fortune with this sort of thing. They are bound to get some things right, as they are astute people. But if you find it all over social media and TV shows, that is a red flag for me. The elders I've worked with are quiet, unassuming people, who just get on with stuff. I met Russel, in the 1990s. He was a very spiritual person, despite his fame in the media, and stood at wounded knee in the 1970s, read up on it. Money where mouth is. Not mouth where the money is.
If you think Ike is the man, then great, if not, that's OK too. But as mulder said, the truth is out there, the big problem is, what is the truth? We are all taught the Bible is the truth, unless we are Muslim, in which case its the Koran, etc etc.
Plenty of people, ( even on here) scoffed at the young lass who stood up for climate change, and tried to discredit her, and called it misinformation, but that was because her message would have spoiled all their plans for big business and more money in their pockets, and a massive change in lifestyle, which they did not want. Many will close their ears and not want to hear, so they discredit to feel better , and should be ashamed of such treatment of a youngster. I always say, would you treat your own child like that, or be happy that others treated them so?
Science is daily proving she spoke truth.
Wisdom and truth often comes from the young, as they have not been as indoctrinated by life as the older and supposedly wiser. Though hopefully, with age and disillusion comes wisdom.
So, listen to the young, listen to the old, those in between are still learning. .... Including myself.
Remember, Jesus was discredited in his time too.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE