Native American Beadwork Course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I'm thinking of going on a one day course on this later in the year. Has anyone ever done any beadwork? I would love to make a decorated possibles pouch and think this would be a great decoration. :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ooh me :D Where's the course? I've done some stuff with quills and cowries too, but it's always excellent to see what someone else is doing.

cheers,
Toddy

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Toddy said:
Ooh me :D Where's the course? I've done some stuff with quills and cowries too, but it's always excellent to see what someone else is doing.

cheers,
Toddy
I'll post the details once I have them all together. There is also a Bushcraft carving course. Whats best of all is that they are both in Scotland so we don't have long distances to travel! :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have done a little bead work - decorated moccasins and some decorative hangings - it is very satisfying and fun but very time consuming.

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Right here are the details I promised. The site is at www.anamcara.org .I'd better state that I have no connection with them whatsoever other than I attended a course on Bushcraft last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Eric_Methven said:
Blimey! £35 for a day's beadwork course is fantastic value. Shame it isn't till next December.

Eric
Cost you more than the course to get to Inverness I would have thought! :lmao:

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Carcajou Garou said:
Hey OzaawaaMigiziNini, maybe we should go over and do a few craft displays and shops!!!!

We have to! :D

oh speaking of which, if you can get to Hiawatha First Nations in Ontario on the Victoria Day weekend, we're having our annual pow wow, I'm going to be setting up a small rendevous setting and do some displays (sell some crafts to get more cash for later projects). You're more than welcome to attend, see if we can make you a wickiup or other shelter to stay in...

If you're interested, PM me, or email me (my email is on my profile).

Ahow, Baamaapii

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE