Nanok Stuffing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
Hello,

I just got my nanok -10, I am very impressed. The bag is samller than I thought it would be, I don't see the weight being a problem.

I was going to try it out in the house, but amazingly its actually very warm in scotland this week.

I have to say, getting it back into the bag is harder than I thought it would be. From what I understand it is best that you stuff it in the sack, not rolling it. Is there a best way to do this? I assume the zips etc will not be damaged.

I also got a green goretex bivibag. (army issue) I have read that I should stuff that as well, as folding in the same place can damage the fabric. I also have a nice goretex jacket, should I stuff that as well?

I am looking forward to taking them out for a trial run.

Pete

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
As I understood it, you should stuff a down bag and roll a synthetic one (less damage to down when stuffed, and less damage to the structure of the synthetic insulation when rolled, but this could well depend on construction. The Nanoks don't contain (any?) glue, so the issues might be a bit different).

You're right, Goretex might delaminate if repeatedly folded in the same place.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE