Nanok -10 sleeping bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Right i hope this is in the right place so Mods please move it if it is not.

Last year i purchased 2 nanok -10 sleeping bags one for Lin and one for myself. Now i love mine as its great and plenty hot enough for me but Lin finds it a bit cold as she got used to my ex army arctic -25 rated maggot bag. I got the nanoks to save weight but alas they have not been used.
I am keeping mine but I am considering selling the other. Now this bag has only been used once by Lin who was fully dressed and in a hammock. It is in perfect condition and still has the small pouch with the repair stuff in it.
My question is how much is it worth ?

Greg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Tricky one Greg. They were going for £40 at one point but cost the thick end of a ton at others.

Its worth what you can get for it I suppose. If it was me I'd just try to get my money back less a tiny amount for being used.

Red

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Yeah, they sell between £75 - £100 Greg, that's IF you can get hold of them now. I've been told that numbers over here are very limited and, as there are no plans to continue importing these great bags, i can only anticipate things getting worse from an availability point of view, but better if your selling a new, unused bag!;) Lin probably used a liner anyway. One dealer recently found two in a store room that he'd forgotten about, stuck them on e-bay and got over £100 each for them. Quality pieces of kit.

If i did'nt already have one, i'd have this off you mate!

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Lin was only in it for a few hours and was fully dressed with pj's, bedsocks and a hat ! on so the word "used" is technically true but i would challenge anybody who i had not told to spot the difference.:D I would throw that challenge to anybody who knew as well just line up a new and ours and try and tell the difference.
Cheers for the quick replies guys.
Greg

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Could you let me know when you decide on a price please Greg. Thinking of upgrading from my Buffalo bag.

Cheers,

Dai

If you are in a rush then there is one on the bay of evil at the moment and i am watching that to see what a fair price would be.
I basically want enough cash to cover making 2 ventile coats for Lin and I. After that I am prepared to let it go to cover postage costs. You will get first refusal mate. Not sure it would be an upgrade from a buffalo bag as it depends what bag you already have as buffalo make great kit.
Let me get some solid quotes on materials and then see what happens.

Greg

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Haha! Now we know what you'll be wearing under your kilt come graduation day :lmao:

Coming from where you come from I thought you would know what is traditionally worn under a kilt and i am very traditional.:D :D :D .

Shame on you for even suggesting anything else. :slap:

Greg

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Hahaha! Just making sure Greg, we shall be getting a report on your compliance from the Kilt Pixies - no thermally enhanced commando-covers allowed ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE