name the knife comp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
As it's a range of 3 why not valiant, Vulcan and Victor. As a salute to a 3 fantastic pieces of British engineering the V bombers

Indeed. Here's me cleaning the bird cr@p off XH558's parachute nacelle after Waddington :)

http://www.jubileegroup.co.uk/JOS/misc/vulcan/DSC01788.jpg

Oh - and back on topic, the knife reminds me a little bit of a domino.

How about

'Domino' or '5-1'

Or something along those lines?

Come to think of it, 5.1 might be skating on thin ice a little bit what with American corporations being so fussy about branding and stuff.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
thanks for all the suggestions so far, some good ones but nothings moved me yet? and im still stuck on sprite... but what to follow it with? ie small medium and large versions
there will be a winner i promise! please keep em coming

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
.Fred. ..

k... think i have a winner! seriously though giving inanimate objects names isnt something i do though having a "model" name to give some reference to a particular design... i can see being a help and i have been asked numerous times "whats that model called" and i say to myself colin?
trying to find something original these days that kind of goes with what the knife is about???

Dave pm me your address and i'll send a bullet whistle you way comp over thanks

Aug 4, 2013
Berkshire
There is also a central European wood spirit whose name currently escapes me.

Found it (from DK Illustrated Dictionary of Mythology)

Leshy - A Forest Spirit.....

....who "could vary in size from a dwarf to a giant, but was always known by his long green beard.

He liked to mislead anyone who ventured into the forest, but canny travellers knew that they that they could be free of him by removing their clothes and putting them on backwards"

http://mythandlore.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/leshy.html

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE