Name of Norwegian Survival Expert (Heroes of Telemark) ?

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Does anybody know the name of the Norwegian Survival Expert and writer that was mentioned in this series?

The Norwegian soldiers got a lot of their knowledge from this person who was said to have lived amongst native people.

-Emile

Tvividr

Nomad
Jan 13, 2004
Norway
www.gjknives.com
Helge Ingstad (1899-2001) - the book mentioned is called "Pelsjegerliv" (1931) and is a good read. Dunno if it's available in English.
He lived for four years as a trapper in Canada in the late 1920's, did an expedition in 1936-37 in the Sierra Madre mountains looking for the lost tribe of Geronimo. Also lived in Canada, spent the winter 1949-50 with the Nunamiut eskimo in northern Canada.
He and his wife (archaeoligist dr. philos. Anne Stine Ingstad) were the people who led the excavation that gave proof that the vikings came to America about 500 years before Columbus (excavation of viking homesteads at L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland, Northern Canada).

- Gerd -

K

Keiran

I wanted to know that too!

Do either of you know if there are videos of the heroes of telemark available - perhaps you have videoed them yourselves?

Any news on repeats?

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
They were available from woodlore (www.raymears.com) but they seem to be out of stock.... give em a ring and they'll tell you when they are back in.... or else try ebay.... they come up quite often on there.

:)
Ed

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Does anyone know why I cannot find the real heroes of telemark on DVD anywhere? I'm sure it was being sold before, I wish I'd bought it at the time. Any pointers towards getting a copy would be greatly appreciated.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE