Nalgene ss conversion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
Hi all I am looking for the thread about converting a ss Nalgene bottle so I can put a steel cable on it for hanging over the fire there were 2ways I believe drilling holes was one and a sliding cable the other any help please

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Someone on here posted about using the old net curtain wire with hook and eyelets to form the pot wire and the hanger, looked good, nice and simple.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
I think Colin, (Crosslandkelly) from this parish, made a pot hanger from a metal coat hanger.

I'm sure he made a short youtube video of the process.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
There's also a third way that requires no modification to the bottle.

bottle-hanging.jpg

I've done it here with a plastic bottle for clarity and the technique works well with necked containers such as Nalgene bottles, hip canteen's and some food tins with a lip such as Nido or Nescafe. Bonus feature is that this method does not require the use of wire, ordinary string will suffice as the container shields the cordage from direct flames. Sort of like the heatshield of a space-capsule on re-entry.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE