MYOG Lightweight Sled

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Came across this german design ultralight folding pulka

I bought a crazy carpet sled, made from HDPE, for a tenner, a while back, and some coghlan gromets. Also had 4 clip ons knocking about.

After about an hour came up with this:

Thats a british army deployment bag, 110l. The sled rolls up, weighs nothing, is very slippy. Not much weight, just bulk. Wiggys hunter with a hood bag, and a kingsize jerven bag in it. Could connect cords to my rucksack hipbelt with karabiners, and carry a golite tipi sl5 with a ti stove in my rucksack to dry clothes. Sleep out under a conifer, in the bag. And just use the hot tent, to dry stuff.

Click on photo for larger image.

This is the german one costing 110 euro

[video]https://www.youtube.com/embed/hDf7glBiid8[/video]

Last edited:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Great stuff Dave, :)

I picked up the same bit of kit for the same bag. Hoping it might get used before spring ends.

I like the grommets, nice touch. No point removing it from the Dep bag either with the straps facing up.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Great stuff Dave, :)

I picked up the same bit of kit for the same bag. Hoping it might get used before spring ends.

I like the grommets, nice touch. No point removing it from the Dep bag either with the straps facing up.

Cheers Pete.
I dont know if Id trust it, in the arctic etc, for a 'proper' trip, but it seems to be pretty strong stuff.
Im gonna have to get around to making a 'proper' toboggan.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE